Not only in Indonesia, milkfish is also popular in the Philippines. There is a traditional recipe coming from the Philippines named milkfish Bangus. As the name suggests, the dish main ingredient is the milkfish. This traditional dish has a good taste. Besides, the complementary ingredients are easy to find and the cooking step is also easy. If you are interested to try cooking this traditional recipe, we below attach the ingredients and the brief cooking instructions.
How To Cook Philippines Milkfish Bangus?
Firstly, you may want to prepare all of the ingredients to cook Philippines milkfish Bangus. The ingredients are easy to find. You can find easily find them in the market. The ingredients of the dish that you need:
- 1 kilogram’s boneless milkfish (or you can also use milkfish fillet. Slice it into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- Toasted garlic
- Green finger chili
After all the ingredients have been prepared, you can start cooking the milkfish.
- The milkfish must be marinated in the garlic and Worcestershire sauce for about 1 hour
- After that, heat oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add paprika to the pan
- Then fry the milkfish until both side well cooked, approximately 2 till 3 minutes for each side
- Add the seasoning such as salt, soy sauce, additionally, you may add pepper as you like.
- Serve the Bangus and add garnish like toasted garlic and green finger chili (optional).
Actually, the above milkfish Bangus recipe is the most basic Bangus recipe. You can create a new variant of Bangus by using the above recipe. You can add complementary sauce to the Bangus, or make the Bangus as the main ingredient of other dishes.